Copyright Request Policy
The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) was founded in 1970 to promote, advance, and educate its members and the medical community in the science of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The Society achieves its purpose by:
- seeking the cooperation of similar organizations;
- initiating and overseeing educational programs;
- stimulating and encouraging research; encouraging presentation and publication of scientific papers;
- collecting and disseminating information pertinent to the membership;
- publishing a scientific journal and a newsletter;
- and reviewing and establishing policies regarding the professional status, legislative activity, and welfare of its members.
The Society's Core Purpose is:
To enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography.
However, to protect the value of our member benefits, SDMS must enforce the following restrictions with regard to the information provided on its website, its publications, and products.
Copyright © 2005 Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. All rights reserved.
The content of the SDMS website, its publications and products is published by SDMS and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States. No material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any media (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without prior written permission of SDMS.
Copyright permission requests for published material in the Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JDMS), the official journal of the SDMS, should be sent to the Society's journal publisher, Sage Publications, at:
Sage Publications USA
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
To request permission to reproduce any copyrighted material from SDMS (in printed or electronic form), submit the following information in writing:
- The source of the material to be reproduced - URL, file name, date of access.
- A description of the material to be reproduced (e.g., entire document, excerpt, illustration/image)
- The purpose for which the material is to be used and the audience - inclusion on another website, in a new publication, in a marketing packet for potential clients, with classroom materials, etc. Note: Rather than reproducing SDMS material on another website, SDMS requests that whenever possible users create a link to the SDMS site.)
- The quantity to be reproduced, if applicable.
The above information should be submitted on the Copyright Permission Request Form (available at http://www.sdms.org/pdf/copyrightrequest.pdf) to:
Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
2745 Dallas Pkwy Ste 350
Plano, TX 75093
Phone: (214) 473-8057
Fax: (214) 473-8057
A written response either granting or denying a copyright request will be forwarded as soon as possible (typically within five working days). If granted:
- the response will include the citation to be used when crediting SDMS, and
- SDMS will be provided with a copy of the publication in which SDMS copyrighted material is cited, and/or
- SDMS will be given access to the website location where SDMS copyrighted material is cited, and
- permission will be given for a time-specific period - one year from the date permission is granted.