Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
The ScholarOne system serves the following purposes:
- Allows authors to submit papers to JDMS online, at their convenience.
- Permits reviewers to see assigned papers on-line and to submit reviews digitally.
- Provides editorial office accountability and reports.
Answers to commonly asked questions about the Rapid Review system:
- The ScholarOne system does not display papers as they will look in published form within The Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- The ScholarOne JDMS papers will be seen only by the authors, the editorial staff, and the reviewers assigned to that specific paper (typically 2 reviewers). Other members of the editorial board and members of SDMS will not see the paper until it is published.
- Authors will have multiple opportunities to revise papers prior to publication. The ScholarOne PDF cannot be revised directly by authors during the review process. Authors may request permission from the editor to upload revised files. This action has to be initiated by the editorial office and cancels all ongoing reviews. Consequently the editor often requests that the author wait until the review process is complete to make revisions.
- Papers submitted by mail will be placed on the ScholarOne system by editorial staff members. Authors will receive e-mails during this process but are not required to participate.
- Names, affiliations, and other author identification is removed during the review process to insure a double blind review. Once a paper is accepted, final revisions may appear on the system with the authors' names.
For more information on submitting articles using ScholarOne, click here.
JDMS Author Manual - Click here to view/print