Request for Use of Copyrighted Content
The Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) was founded in 1970 to promote, advance, and educate its members and the medical community in the science of diagnostic medical sonography. To protect the value of the Society's member benefits and intellectual property, the SDMS must enforce the following restrictions with regard to the information provided on its website, its publications, and products.
The content of the SDMS website, its publications, and products is published by the SDMS and is protected by the copyright laws of the United States. No material may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any media (electronic, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) without prior written permission of the SDMS.
JDMS - Request for Use of Copyrighted Content
Copyright permission requests for published content from the Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JDMS), the official journal of the SDMS, should be sent to the Society's journal publisher, SAGE Publications, at:
SAGE Publications USA
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA
SDMS - Request for Use of Copyrighted Content
To request permission to reproduce any copyrighted content from the SDMS (in print or electronic form), submit the following information in writing:
- The source of the material to be reproduced (e.g., URL, file name, date of access).
- A description of the material to be reproduced (e.g., entire document, excerpt, illustration/image)
- The purpose for which the material is to be used and the audience - inclusion on another website, in a new publication, in a marketing packet for potential clients, with classroom materials, etc. Note: Rather than reproducing the SDMS material on another website, the SDMS requests that whenever possible users create a link to the SDMS site.)
- The quantity to be reproduced, if applicable.
The above information should be submitted to:
Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
2745 Dallas Pkwy Ste 350 USA
Plano, TX 75093
Phone: +1 214.473.8057
Fax: +1 214.473.8057
A written response either granting or denying a request to use copyrighted SDMS content will be forwarded as soon as possible (typically within five working days). If granted:
- The response will include the citation to be used when crediting the SDMS, and
- The SDMS must be provided with a copy of the publication in which the SDMS copyrighted material is cited, and/or
- The SDMS will be given access to the website location where the SDMS copyrighted material is cited, and
- Permission will be given for a time-specific period - e.g., one year from the date permission is granted.