* Student members receive a FREE Thursday Pre-Conference Workshop registration with the purchase of a 3-day registration.
* Thursday Pre-Conference Workshop registration is half price with the purchase of a 3-day registration.
Continuing Medical Education (CME)
The 2013 SDMS Annual Conference offers 23.5 CMEs! Earn up to 7.5 CMEs at the Pre-Conference Workshops, and up to 16 CMEs at the Three-Day Conference.
Please click the links below to view the session content and speakers for both the Pre-Conference Workshops and Three-Day Conference. *NOTE: Sessions and speakers are subject to change.
Pre-Conference Workshops (Live Scanning Demonstration)
SDMS Official Hotel
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
$199/night + applicable taxes and fees. SDMS conference attendees may opt-in to a $25/night resort fee, which includes internet access, access to the gym, and unlimited phone calls.
Telephone: (702) 698-7575 (Please mention you are with the SDMS group when making reservations.)
SDMS Annual Conference—News & Happenings
- The 2013 SDMS Annual Conference, including the Pre-Conference Workshops offers 23.5 CMEs!
- Don’t miss Marcus Engel, best-selling author and speaker, deliver the keynote presentation. Marcus will share is story of recovery after being blinded and catastrophically injured by a drunk driver, and help you to discover ways to impact the culture of your healthcare environment, by offering insights and strategies for excellent patient care. Learn more about Marcus Engel at www.marcusengel.com.
- New for 2013! Join SDMS on the evening of Wednesday, October 9 for a Welcome Reception! First-time and regular conference attendees alike will have the opportunity to network with your peers in the sonography community. (NOTE: Reception is included with the three-day registration.)
- New for 2013! Looking for education in MSK? SDMS has added a Pre-Conference Workshop track, dedicated to MSK. Attend these live demonstration sessions for an in-depth look at a variety of topics.
- Back by popular demand! Steve Milam, JD will join the SDMS Annual Conference faculty to deliver “The Evaluation of Clinical Performance, the Law, and the ADA, ” as well as participate in a legal review panel discussion, for those who attend the Educators Pre-Conference Workshop on Thursday, October 10, 2013. As an sonography educator, you won’t want to miss these educator-specific sessions! If you purchase a 3-day Annual Conference Registration you can attend the Educators Pre-Conference Workshop or any Thursday Workshop for half price!
Exhibitor and Advertising/Sponsorship Opportunities:
SDMS Foundation SDMS Annual Conference Grant Program:
- The SDMS Annual Conference Grant Program provides financial assistance to sonographers and students who attend the 2013 SDMS Annual Conference in Las Vegas, NV, October 10-13, 2013. Grants may be used for any expense incurred by the applicant related to participating in the 2013 SDMS Annual Conference (e.g., registration, travel, hotel, meals, etc.). Applications will be accepted from June 1 to July 31, 2013 (applications not accepted before June 1; applications must be received by the SDMS Foundation on or before July 31.) Visit http://www.sdmsfoundation.org/Programs.aspx for more information.