Students are the future of sonography. Join under this category and receive special student discounts plus all the benefits of membership except the right to vote and hold office. Membership gives you the information and tools to help meet your career goals and allows you to become proactive in SDMS. SDMS encourages and empowers students to become active individuals in the sonography profession. There are many ways a student can participate in SDMS:
- Attend the SDMS Annual Conference with special student discounted pricing
- Learn and participate in the Student Conclave
- Enter SDMS Awards and Competitions
- Student Poster Exhibit Competition
- W. Frederick Sample Student Excellence Award
- Contribute to the Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JDMS)
- Network with other students and members through the SDMS Discussion Forums
- Participate in SDMS committees
- Reach out – call, email or fax comments or suggestions to the SDMS at email@example.com
Membership and participation through SDMS gives you recognition for your dedication to your profession. To qualify for this membership category you must be enrolled in a diagnostic medical sonography program. A letter from your program director verifying your student status and anticipated graduation date is required before your membership application can be processed. The template for this letter is available at http://www.sdms.org/membership/studentverification.doc.
Additionally, there is a special “interim” membership renewal rate to help ease the burden that students may experience as they make the transition from student to working sonographer. This special renewal rate is applied to the membership year immediately following the student’s graduation. The interim rate is:
Interim Renewal Dues Amount
You can apply for SDMS student membership by sending the Membership Application and required verification letter via mail or fax (sorry, online option NOT available for students).