Certification Examination Grant
The SDMS Foundation Certification Examination Grant Program provides grants to deserving sonography students and sonographers who wish to further their career by earning additional certifications or specialties. Approved applicants receive a check for $250 following proof of successful exam completion.
**NOTE: You must be logged in to apply for this program. **
Grant applications are accepted beginning at 12:01 AM Central Time the first day of every month and qualified applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis until funds are exhausted. Eight Certification Examination grants are available each month and only one certification examination grant will be approved per applicant per 12-month period.
Applicants must successfully pass an approved sonography certification examination after being approved for a grant. The grant is paid after proof of passing is received and may be used to support examination fees, travel to examination site, or study materials.
To be eligible for an SDMS Foundation Certification Examination Grant, an individual must:
- Be a current SDMS member in good standing at the time of application and date of payment.
- Submit proof of application and acceptance by ARDMS or CCI to take a sonography examination.
- Demonstrate need by fully completing the SDMS Foundation Certification Examination Grant Program Online Application, including required attachment(s), before the application deadline.
NOTE: Only one SDMS Foundation grant and one SDMS Foundation Scholarship may be awarded to the same individual within a 12-month period.
- All applications must be completed online. Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds.
- Only the specific approved certification examination that is successfully completed/passed AFTER a grant has been approved is eligible for grant payment. Note: The SDMS Foundation will not pay for any certification examinations completed before the approval date of the grant application.
- The applicant must submit proof of successful completion (by email, fax, or mail) for the specific certification examination listed in the award email to be eligible for grant payment.
- Proof of successful completion of the approved certification examination must be received by the deadline listed in the grant award email, which is six (6) months from the date of the award email.
- Within three (3) weeks of submission of proof of successful completion, a check will be mailed to the grant recipient.
- Recipient must remain a member of the SDMS through the date of payment.
Grant recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all grants received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
The SDMS Foundation is committed to promoting and implementing ongoing improvements to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all Foundation programs and in the diagnostic medical sonography profession. Click Here
to read the full SDMS Foundation Board Policy.