**NOTE: You must be logged in and a current SDMS member for the Nominate Now button to display.**
Applications for the SDMS Foundation Clinical Instructor Grant Program are accepted by nomination only. Nominations must be submitted by a Clinical Instructor’s student (or a recent graduate within one year of graduation) and the student's program director or clinical coordinator. Eligible nominees will then be invited to apply for the grant.
- Be SDMS members at the time of nomination; and
- Be a current student/recent graduate and the program director or clinical coordinator of a CAAHEP-accredited program.
NOTE: Only one clinical instructor nomination will be accepted per educational program.
Applicants (i.e., nominated clinical instructors) must:
- Be an SDMS member at the time of application and when the grant is awarded; and
- Serve as a sonography clinical instructor in an unpaid, clinical capacity.
Nomination and Application Process
Step One: Nomination Process:
The nominators (i.e., student/recent graduate and program director or clinical coordinator) must:
Step Two: Application Process:
- Complete the online nomination form;
- Collaboratively write one single, 200-word essay explaining why they are nominating the clinical instructor (refer to nomination form); and
- Authorize the SDMS Foundation to use quotes from the nomination form and/or essay for promotional purposes (refer to nomination form).
Once eligibility is confirmed, eligible nominees will be asked to:
- Complete the online application form (by invitation only);
- Submit a 400-word essay outlining their reasons for serving as a clinical instructor; and
- Authorize the SDMS Foundation to use quotes from the application form and/or essay for promotional purposes.
Nomination and Application Deadlines
- Nominations are accepted annually between September 1 and January 31. The nomination process may be closed early pending the number of applications received.
- Applications by eligible nominees are by invitation only (once eligibility has been established) and must be completed between January 31 and March 31 annually.
Restrictions and Limitations
Completed nominations and applications must be received no later than 11:59:59 pm (central time) on the last day of the respective nomination and application period. An incomplete application will be disqualified.
- Only one clinical instructor can be nominated per educational program.
- Clinical instructors can only receive one Clinical Instructor Grant in any five-year period.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Unless otherwise prohibited by SDMS Foundation Board Policies, Clinical Instructor Grant recipients are eligible to receive other SDMS Foundation Grants or Scholarships during the same year they receive a Clinical Instructor Grant.
Grant recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all grants received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
The SDMS Foundation is committed to promoting and implementing ongoing improvements to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all Foundation programs and in the diagnostic medical sonography profession. Click Here
to read the full SDMS Foundation Board Policy.