The SDMS Foundation Educational Grant Program provides financial assistance to sonographers and students who attend the SDMS Annual Conference. Grants may be used for expenses incurred by the applicant related to participating in the SDMS Annual Conference.
**NOTE: You must be logged in and a current SDMS member to apply for this program. **
After careful consideration of the circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the SDMS has made the decision to hold the 2020 SDMS Annual Conference as a virtual event. As a result, the 2020 SDMS Annual Conference – Virtual Edition will be free for SDMS members, and no Education Grants are applicable for 2020. The 2021 application period is scheduled to open on May 1, 2021.
Applications are accepted beginning May 1. Grants are available on a first come, first served basis for qualified individuals until funds are exhausted or until the application closes.
- Sonographers: $500
- Students: $250
To be eligible for an SDMS Foundation Educational Grant, an individual must:
- Be a current individual SDMS member at the time of application and grant payment.
- Demonstrate need by fully completing the SDMS Educational Grant Online Application, including required attachments, before the applications deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be rejected.
- Not have received an SDMS Educational Grant for the previous year's conference.
NOTE: Only one SDMS Foundation grant and one SDMS Foundation Scholarship may be awarded to the same individual within a calendar year.
- Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds.
- A notification will be sent via email to each applicant indicating whether a grant will be awarded.
- Selected grant recipients must confirm within seven days that they wish to accept the grant (or the grant may be made available to another applicant).
- Grant recipients must register for and attend the SDMS Annual Conference. It is the grant recipient's responsibility to meet any registration deadlines to obtain the lowest registration fee (i.e., early registration discount).
- Grant recipients are expected to earn at least 15 SDMS CME credits during the conference (Thursday - Sunday) to be eligible to receive the grant funds.
- Within four (4) weeks following the SDMS Annual Conference, a check will be mailed to the grant recipient.
Grant recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all grants received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.