**NOTE: You must be logged in and a current SDMS member to apply for this program. **
The next application period will open on May 1, 2020.
Applications are accepted annually beginning May 1. Grants are available on a first come, first served basis for qualified individuals until funds are exhausted or until the application closes on June 30.
- Sonographers: $500
- Students: $250
To be eligible for an SDMS Foundation Educational Grant, an individual must:
- Be a current individual SDMS member at the time of application and grant payment.
- Demonstrate need by fully completing the SDMS Educational Grant Online Application, including required attachments, before the applications deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be rejected.
- Not have received an SDMS Educational Grant for the previous year's conference.
NOTE: Only one SDMS Foundation grant and one SDMS Foundation Scholarship may be awarded to the same individual within a calendar year.
- Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds.
- A notification will be sent via email to each applicant indicating whether a grant will be awarded.
- Selected grant recipients must confirm within seven days that they wish to accept the grant (or the grant may be made available to another applicant).
- Grant recipients must register for and attend the SDMS Annual Conference. It is the grant recipient's responsibility to meet any registration deadlines to obtain the lowest registration fee (i.e., early registration discount).
- Grant recipients must earn at least 15 SDMS CME credits during the conference (Thursday - Sunday) to be eligible to receive the grant funds. Failure to obtain the required 15 CME credits will result in a prorated grant funds payment.
- Within four (4) weeks following the SDMS Annual Conference, a check will be mailed to the grant recipient.
Grant recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all grants received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.