SDMS Foundation Emerging Leaders Grant Program
The Emerging Leaders Grant Program annually invites a cohort of students and recent graduates to be mentored as future leaders in the sonography field and with the SDMS. Program participants participate virtually in a variety of leadership education opportunities, designed to engage them in meaningful dialogue and projects related to the future of the profession and leadership volunteerism. The experience culminates with one member of the cohort (chosen based on participation, project/assignment completion, and other factors) receiving a grant to attend the fall SDMS and SDMS Foundation Board of Directors Meetings and SDMS Annual Conference free of charge (including travel). All other participants receive a free year of SDMS membership.
Apply Now Program Overview
Applications are due on January 31. Applications for the 2021 program will be available in October 2020. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for the SDMS Foundation Emerging Leaders Grant Program, an applicant must:
- Be a current member of the SDMS in good standing throughout the application cycle and duration of the program (membership lapse will result in the participant being removed from the program);
- Be currently enrolled in a CAAHEP-accredited sonography educational program or have graduated from a CAAHEP-accredited sonography educational program within the past three years (proof of enrollment or graduation date required);
- Be nominated by their Program Director based on their leadership potential (click HERE to download the nomination form);
- Complete the Emerging Leaders Grant Program online application, including any required attachment(s); and
- Be available to attend the SDMS Annual Conference in the case that they are chosen to receive the grant and represent the cohort at the SDMS and SDMS Foundation Board of Directors Meetings and other onsite participation opportunities.
- Program Directors may nominate only one student or recent graduate from each sonography educational program each year.
- The Emerging Leaders grant recipient is ineligible to also receive an SDMS Educational Grant within the same calendar year.
- Previous participants in the Emerging Leaders Grant Program are ineligible to apply for future cohorts.
- If the grant recipient is unable to attend the SDMS and SDMS Foundation Board of Directors Meetings and SDMS Annual Conference, an alternate may be selected to represent the cohort at the Board’s discretion.