The Sonographer and Student Poster Exhibit Competition encourages sonographers and students to further research in the field and their own careers by creating poster presentations of findings in Original Research, Literature Review, or Case Studies. Entries are judged separately for the two available categories (sonographers and students). Posters are judged on presentation (appearance), content, and originality.
For entrants in the Sonographer category:
- The primary author and any co-author(s) must be current members of the SDMS at the time of application.
- A maximum of four sonographer authors may be listed for each entry.
For entrants in the Student category:
- The primary student author and any co-author(s) must be current Student members of the SDMS at the time of application.
- The Program Director must be a SDMS member at the time of application.
- A maximum of four student authors may be listed for each entry.
Only one poster submission is allowed per author. Submissions must not have been previously exhibited or presented at other conferences or had their findings published regardless of medium (e.g., journal, online, book, etc.) within the field. Poster submissions will only be accepted electronically.
Instructions & Submission Deadlines
- A complete poster submission includes completion of the online poster application form and submission of the digital, judging copy of the poster file.
- Applications and submissions must be received online on or before May 31, 2019.
- Applications and submissions are accepted annually between April 1 and May 31.
- All primary authors will be notified via email by June 7, 2019 of acceptance into the competition based on submitted materials.
- View/Print sonographer competition instructions.
- View/Print student competition instructions.
Competition winners receive:
- Monetary awards as follows: First Place: $150, Second Place: $100, for each competition category (sonographer and student);
- An engraved award;
- Recognition of author(s) and institution(s) with the poster when presented onsite at the SDMS Annual Conference;
- Two complimentary, transferrable tickets for each author to the SDMS & SDMS Foundation Awards Dinner held at the SDMS Annual Conference; and
- Recognition at the SDMS & SDMS Foundation Awards Dinner and in the Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JDMS), SDMS press release, and SDMS social media release.
Click to see examples of previous winners in the Sonographer and Student competitions.