The SDMS Foundation Hardship Grant Program provides grants to support sonographers who are temporarily disabled, unemployed, or affected by disasters, and are experiencing financial hardship that prevents them from renewing their SDMS membership and earning the CME credits required to maintain their sonography credential.
**NOTE: You must be logged in to apply for this program. **
Hardship grants are valued at $160 and may only be used to directly cover the cost of one year of Standard SDMS membership. Only one hardship grant may be awarded every five (5) years per applicant. Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis subject to availability of funds.
Grant Application Periods
- December 1 through February 28
- March 1 through May 31
- June 1 through August 31
- September 1 through November 30
To be eligible for an SDMS Foundation Hardship Grant, an individual must:
- Be a current Standard member of the SDMS or within 30 days following expiration at the time of application;
- Demonstrate need by fully completing the SDMS Foundation Hardship Grant - Online Application, including the required attachment(s), before the application deadline; and
- Have applied for the grant within the 90 days immediately prior to their SDMS membership expiration date or within 30 days following expiration.
NOTE: Only one SDMS Foundation grant and one SDMS Foundation Scholarship may be awarded to the same individual within a calendar year.
Grant recipients are responsible for determining the tax implications of all grants received. Please consult a tax professional if you have questions.
- All applications must be completed online. Completed applications are reviewed based on eligibility criteria and availability of grant funds.
- Grant funds are automatically applied as an additional year of membership dues on the grant recipient’s account and are not transferable.
- Grant recipients will receive a confirmation by email within two weeks of notification of grant award that their membership has been renewed.